Portable Winch Co. Portable Capstan Winch
- Phone: (509) 315-8063
Portable Winch Co. Portable Capstan Winch Info
Lightweight, portable, gas-powered winch, with 2200 lb (1000 kg) pulling capacity. If you ever need to bring down hung-up trees, pull out-of-reach logs, get a vehicle un-stuck, or haul a moose out of the bush or water, the Portable WinchTM is for you. Weighing only 35 lb (16 kg), the Portable WinchTM is easily carried and can be anchored to anything using the 6 ft (1.83 m) long sling provided or the hitch plate for vehicles.
Use the Portable WinchTM with any length of low stretch rope. We offer double-braided polyester rope in lengths of 164 ft (50 m), 328 ft (100 m), 492 ft (150 m) and 656 ft (200 m). The rope is tied to the object to be moved and wound three times around the capstan drum. When the engine is running, the capstan rotates continuously and the friction created by pulling on the free end of the rope pulls the object. Load will move at a speed from 25 to 40 feet/minute (7.6 to 12 meters/minute), depending on the weight of the load.
The 2200 lb (1000 kg) pulling capacity of the Portable WinchTM compares with the biggest ATV electric winches but offers more advantages:
- Portability (anchors to any tree or stump)
- 100% duty cycle (vs. 20% duty cycle for electric winches)
- Constant pulling power (standard winches are rated for 1st layer pull)
- Unlimited rope length
- No kinks, pig tails or barbs on rope
Engine: HondaTM 4-stroke, GHX-50 cc
Line speed: 25-60 ft/min (7.6-12 m/min)
Direct line pull: 2200 lb (1000 kg)
Weight: 35 lb (16 kg)
Portable Winch Co. Portable Capstan Winch, Specifications
|PULLING CAPACITY||SINGLE LINE|
|PULLING CAPACITY||DOUBLE LINE (WITH SNATCH BLOCK)|
|GEAR BOX||Aluminum alloy; Gear ratio 110:1|
|GEAR TRAIN & SHAFTS||Heat treated, heavy duty steel alloy, ball-bearing mounted|
|ENGINE||4-cycle HondaTM GXH-50 cc|
|UNIT WEIGHT (DRY)||33 lb (15 kg)|
|BRAKE||Internal anti-reveral brake|
|DIMENSIONS (OVERALL)||13 in. (33 cm) wide x 14 in. (36 cm) high x 15 in. (38 cm) deep|
|WARRANTY||5 year (Honda Warranty on Engine)|
|Max. line speed||2-1/4 in. (57 mm) with Standard Drum.|
|Max. line pull||40 ft/min (12 m/min) with Standard Drum.|
|Speed at max torque||2500 lb (1136 kg) with Standard Drum|
Portable Winch Co. Portable Capstan Winch, Features
- Anchors to anything – trees, tree stumps, vehicles, posts with a quick attach
- Continuous usage – 100% duty cycle vs. 20% duty cycle of electric winches
- Fast - Up to 4 times faster than electric winches – up to 60 ft/min (18 m/min)
- Lightweight - Weighs only 35 lb (15 kg)
- No worries about overheating! The HondaTM GXH50-2.5 HP, 4-stroke gas engine will deliver dependable power, no matter what temperature it is, for as long as you need to use it.
- Portable- There is no fixed link to a vehicle; therefore you can take the winch anywhere. Tether it to any solid object: a tree, a post, a rock or even to the ball hitch of your vehicle.
- Powerful - Up to 4400 lb (2000 kg) of pulling power
- Reliable – It will start! The HondaTM GXH-50 cc - 2.5 HP engine has proven to be one of the most reliable engines on the market.
- Safe – No kinks, pig tails, barbs on rope or whiplash
- True power-The rope does not accumulate on the Portable WinchTM drum, it only goes through it.
- Unlimited rope length-One of the biggest advantages of our system is there is no limit to the rope length you can use.
Portable Winch Co. Portable Capstan Winch, Item Numbers
- Item No.: PCW5000
Description: Portable Winch, Gas Powered
- Item No.: PCW5000