Cosmas Vulcan - 14 Inch BUNKER BOOT
- Phone: (509) 315-8063
Cosmas Vulcan - 14 Inch BUNKER BOOT Info
After the successful introduction of the TITAN
model, Cosmas set out to develop the most technically
advanced, high-performance structural fire fighting boot on the market, the Cosmas VULCAN. As with every product we develop, we solicited the feedback of fire fighters across
the country. Using the TITAN as a reference, Cosmas designed the VULCAN to be even lighter weight and more flexible, incorporating an integrated stand-off in the outsole to facilitate removal of the boot. Cosmas also retained such signature Cosmas features as the patent-pending MIDSOLEARMOR
construction, industry-first ANKLEARMOR ankle guards, grippy, abrasion-resistant proprietary outsole compound, and the industry best fit.
GENERAL - 14” high, black, pull-on, leather/fabric bunker style boots with patent-pending MIDSOLEARMOR
combination midsole/ladder shank/puncture resistant device for added support and comfort with less weight. Full-grain,
water-resistant leather upper, ANKLEARMOR ankle guard, flex points fore and aft of the ankle, safety toes, tibia guard, micro fiber suede heel slide, and nitrile rubber toecap for fire service personnel. Boots meet or exceed NFPA 1971, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting, 2007 Edition.
VAMP – Full-grain, water, flame, chemical, and cut resistant leather, 2.4 – 2.6 mm nominal thickness, 6.5 oz.
QUARTER – schoeller fabric blend with KERMEL significantly reduces weight and is more breathable than leather.
Mesh window for enhanced ventilation.
PULL STRAPS – Low profile, 1” wide, triple-stitch reinforced, full-grain water and flame resistant leather.
FLEX POINTS – Accordion-style flex points behind and in front of the ankle allow the boot to flex where you do,
providing improved range of motion.
SAFETY TOE – Corrosion resistant, anatomically shaped steel safety toe exceeds all relevant standards for protection.
COMBINATION MIDSOLE/LADDER SHANK/PUNCTURE RESISTANT DEVICE – Patent-pending MIDSOLEARMOR combines the functionality of the midsole, ladder shank, and puncture resistant device into a single-piece construction.
Provides full puncture resistance coverage and thermal insulation for the bottom of the foot. Unique construction is stiff and supportive in the heel and arch areas, yet flexible in the forefoot area to allow your foot to flex naturally.
INSOLE – Combination Texon and polyethylene; anti-microbial; wicks perspiration and dries quickly; lightweight with excellent flex endurance.
FOOTBED – Triple-density, removable footbed made of Cambrelle, felt, and ergonomically molded EVA. Wicks
moisture and dries rapidly. EVA provides cushioning.
OUTSOLE – High traction, abrasion resistant, electrically insulating, oil, flame, and chemical resistant, nitrile rubber outsole equipped with ergonomic HEELROLL and TOESPRING to promote a natural walking motion. High profile
ladder grips to prevent slips. Specially formulated compound (nominal durometer 66 Shore A) provides superior
traction without sacrificing abrasion resistance or durability. Integrated stand-off allows for easy removal of the boot.
HEEL COUNTER – Ergonomically molded heel counter provides stability, comfort, and long-lasting support.
THERMAL BARRIER – Full-height layer of 300 g polyester felt provides thermal protection.
FULL-HEIGHT CROSSTECH FOOTWEAR FABRIC BOOTIE SYSTEM – Five-layer laminate of durable Cambrelle
quilted to a 300 g polyester felt thermal barrier, laminated to a CROSSTECH moisture barrier.
HEEL SLIDE – Abrasion resistant microfiber suede. No stitching or seams running directly down the center of the
backstay in the heel area to improve comfort and prevent premature wear of the liner.
SHAFT COLLAR – Soft, full-grain leather-bound padded collar for superior comfort to accommodate individual leg
COMFORT PADDING – Thermal insulating, open cell polyurethane foam padding strategically placed throughout the upper for superior comfort and support.
THREAD – Tough, fire-resistant Kevlar thread throughout the upper.
OUTSOLE ADHESION – A 2-component, high-temperature polyurethane adhesive system is used to bond the
outsole/midsole to the upper.
PROTECTIVE TOE CAP – Abrasion, chemical, and flame resistant nitrile rubber protective toecap; 1.8 mm nominal
TIBIA GUARD – Internal tibia guard made of thermoformed polypropylene, extremely lightweight with a specific gravity
of 0.75, impervious to water. External tibia guard cover made of abrasion, fire, and water resistant schoeller fabric blend containing Kermel and a reflective background.
ANKLE GUARD - ANKLEARMOR contoured ankle guards protect ankles from knocks and dings.
AVAILABLE SIZES – 5 to 13, 14, 15 in D, E, and EEE widths.
MARKINGS – Interior label containing all information as required by NFPA 1971 “Standard on Protective Ensembles for
Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting”, 2007 Edition.
PRODUCT CODE – CMF24
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Designed in Italy; made in Romania.
Cosmas Vulcan - 14 Inch BUNKER BOOT, Features
- ABRASION, CHEMICAL, AND FLAME RESISTANT VULCANIZED RUBBER TOE CAP extends boot life.
- Accordion-style fl ex points behind and in front of the ankle allow the boot to fl ex where you do, providing improved range of motion.
- Anatomically-shaped steel safety toe exceeds all relevant standards for protection.
- ANKLEARMOR™ CONTOURED ANKLE GUARDS protect ankles from knocks and dings – an industry fi rst by Cosmas®.
- Anti-microbial removable footbed with molded EVA heelcup and arch conforms to your foot providing comfort and support.
- Fire-resistant Kevlar® thread throughout the upper ensures durability under fi re.
- Full-height bootie system consists of a durable Cambrelle® material, quilted to a 300 g polyester felt thermal lining, laminated to a CROSSTECH® moisture barrier, ensuring your feet stay dry with more thermal protection. CROSSTECH® Footwear Fabric pro
- INTEGRATED STAND-OFF allows for easy removal of the boot.
- LOW-PROFILE, TRIPLE-REINFORCED PULL-ON STRAPS help get you in quickly, then stay out of your way.
- MESH WINDOW for enhanced ventilation
- MIDSOLEARMOR™ COMBINATION COMPOSITE PUNCTURE PLATE/LADDER SHANK/MIDSOLE, provides full puncture resistance coverage and thermal insulation for the bottom of the foot. This Cosmas® exclusive, patentpending construction is stiff and supportive in the h
- Molded heel counter cups heel and provides support.
- PROPRIETARY HIGH TRACTION, ELECTRICALLY INSULATING, OIL & HEAT RESISTANT, VULCANIZED RUBBER OUTSOLE EQUIPPED WITH ERGONOMIC HEELROLL™ AND TOESPRING™ promotes a natural walking motion. High profi le ladder grips prevent slips.
- Schoeller® FABRIC UPPER WITH KERMEL® provides excellent heat, fl ame, chemical, and abrasion resistance, yet is 87% lighter than leather.
- Soft, full-grain leather collar ensures comfortable calves.
- Tapered microfi ber heel slide for ease of donning and doffi ng. Stitching is offset to prevent premature wear and blisters.
- Thermal insulating, open cell polyurethane foam padding is strategically placed throughout the upper for superior comfort and support.
- THERMOFORMED TIBIA GUARD protects your shins on the ladder.
Cosmas Vulcan - 14 Inch BUNKER BOOT, Item Numbers
- Item No.: CMF241
Description: Vulcan - 14 Inch Leather Kermel Bunker, Structural Boot
- Item No.: CMF241